Welcome, fellow Stumbler :)
Stumble Memoto We're seeing a lot of visits from SU recently, and we're so happy we decided to give a discount on pre-orders to stumblers during all of January. Enter the code SUPERSTUMBLERSAVER (after Paypal step) to get 30% off! See video below if you don't know what Memoto is.
// With love, the Memoto team
Free shipping worldwide for preorders! Coming 2013
(Yes, we ship to )
A tiny, automatic camera and app that gives you a searchable and shareable photographic memory.
1 Year Memoto Lifelogging Cloud Service Included
Memoto offers safe secure photo storage at a flat monthly fee.
Memoto Lifelogging Camera
A tiny, automatic camera and app that gives you a searchable
and shareable photographic memory.
- Windows or Mac for sync/upload.
- Android or iPhone for accessing the smartphone apps.
All you need to know about Memoto
The world's smallest wearable camera
(Sample photos are finally here!)
The Memoto camera is a tiny camera and GPS that you clip on and wear. It’s an entirely new kind of digital camera with no controls. Instead, it automatically takes photos as you go. The Memoto app then seamlessly and effortlessly organizes them for you.
Easy and effortless
The camera has no buttons. (That's right, no buttons.) As long as you wear the camera, it is constantly taking pictures. It takes two geotagged photos a minute with recorded orientation so that the app can show them upright no matter how you are wearing the camera. And it’s weather protected, so you don’t have to worry about it in inclement weather.
The camera and the app work together to give you pictures of every single moment of your life, complete with information on when you took it and where you were. This means that you can revisit any moment of your past.
Long battery life
The camera’s batteries won't need to be recharged until after approximately 2 days of use. To recharge the camera’s batteries, you connect the camera to your computer; at the same time the photos are automatically uploaded to Memoto’s servers. There are no buttons to press. You just wear the camera, then charge it and wear it again.Get your Memoto camera now
- Automatic photo capture every 30 seconds (Can be adjusted to a different interval)
- Can be double-tapped to take a single shot outside the regular interval
- 5 megapixel resolution images
- Log of GPS positions and timestamps
- Built-in rechargeable battery which lasts up to two days
- LED battery life indicator
- 2 full days of constant photographing (4000 pictures) space on memory
- Built-in accelerometer ensures that pictures are correctly oriented regardless of how the camera is worn
- Micro-USB port for charging and connecting to computer
- Stainless steel clip to connect the camera to your clothes
- 36x36x9 millimeters small
- Automatic uploading of the photos to Memoto's servers by connecting the camera with your computer
- Encrypted storage for an indefinite number of photos (1 year subscription)
- Easy access of your photos through smartphone apps and browser
- Apps for Android and iPhone
- Private and social layer - all pictures are in private mode only, until you choose to share them with your friends
- All photos are stored and organized for you. None are deleted, but the best ones are more visible.
- Browse through your memories moment by moment. Tap to relive a moment.
- Search for events in your history. Share with the ones you trust.
Access your life through the Memoto app
With this many pictures captured and stored every day, we think it's crucial that you can easily browse among the best and most meaningful ones. The app we're building for iPhone and Android organizes the photos to work as a photographic memory even after many years.
Relive your life like you remember it
The way this works is that the photos are organized into groups of "moments" on a timeline. On the timeline, you're presented with keyframes (about 30 per day) each representing one moment. You can tap a moment to relive it in a stop-motion like video of all the pictures in that moment.
The image analysis and organization is made out of the images’ metadata, such as time, place and light. This enables you to not only browse your life the way you remember it, but to search for specific events of your life: who was it that you met at that party or what did the sunset look like in Lapland in June? (Fun fact: there is no sunset in Lapland in June).
Read more on the blog:
- Designing storage for your memories
- Seamless lifelogging with the Memoto app
- Making sense of all your moments – Moment View
Your photos are yours and only you can share them
The app comes with features for sharing through the biggest social media services. Additional social features are something we would like to develop more of in the future. However, we want to stress that your Memoto pictures will always be private by default. That is, you only share pictures when you deliberately want to share them.
Cutting your storage costs at least in half
The Memoto Camera potentially produces a huge amount of bits and bytes. 4 GB data per day amounts to up to 1,5 terabyte per year. Instead of you storing all this on unreliable and expensive hard drives that can get stolen or lost, Memoto offers safe and secure infinite photo storage at a flat monthly fee, which will always be a lot more affordable than hard drives.
Legality and safety
Memoto’s products and services are all about integrity. Everything you create with Memoto is yours - only yours. If you want to share your content with someone else we think you should. But only you decide when to do that. And even when you have shared your content you are still the owner of it.
All pictures you transfer to Memoto’s cloud service are stored encrypted. The pictures are only visible to you: only you can see them and only you can change them. If you want to share a picture or a moment with someone you trust you have to make an active choice. The software contains no automatic share features, no hidden buttons, no “share-by-default”. You only share your content when you want to.
Legally, you may photograph what you want, as long as you don’t obviously infringe someone else’s integrity or violate an official photo ban. If someone asks you not to use your Memoto camera - then please don’t. If someone doesn’t explicitly ask you, but you have reason to believe that the place or the context is inappropriate for photographing - then please don’t.
Memoto’s products and services are made for those of us who like to collect memories and stories about ourselves.